To facilitate our mission to provide education for our members, the Fort Lauderdale Orchid Society offers “American Orchid Society Student Judge Scholarships” to qualified members.
If you are interested in becoming an American Orchid Society judge, read on!
WHAT IS IT?
FLOS will reimburse qualified expenses up to $1,000 a year for FLOS members who have been awarded a scholarship.
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
There are only two qualifiers:
- You must have been a member of FLOS in good standing for at least the three most recent years, as evidenced by roster listings.
- You must have been admitted as a Student to the AOS Judging program.
HOW DO I APPLY?
- Fill out a FLOS American Orchid Society Student Judge Scholarship Application Form .
- Hand it in to the chair of the Scholarship Committee. (Michael Schaberl)
- The FLOS Board votes annually to fund a certain number of scholarships. You will be notified once the Scholarship Committee has evaluated your application.
WHERE IS THE FINE PRINT?
See the FLOS American Orchid Society Student Judge Scholarship Policies for a full description of the process, expenses that are covered (and not covered!), and your obligations as a scholarship recipient.
To request reimbursements once you are awarded a scholarship, fill out a FLOS Check Request Form and give it to a member of the Scholarship Committee.