To get the most out of your membership, get involved! More involvement leads to a better society. You will learn more about orchids and have more fun too!
Along with opportunities to help with standing committees and our annual show, we often we have special projects in which you can participate.
Ongoing opportunities with committees
- If you would like to learn how ribbons are awarded and help during meetings, contact Joan Connors email@example.com
- The Newsletter committee could use help with photography, proofreading and Microsoft Publisher. If you would like to help please contact Ginny Salus firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Program committee would appreciate your ideas about possible program topics for the upcoming meetings. Contact Gigi Granger email@example.com
- Any technology skills just itching to get out? Contact Rich Ackerman firstname.lastname@example.org for ways you might help.
- Like doing publicity? Writing ads and press releases? Working with local newspapers or social media? Contact Joan Connors email@example.com to join our Publicity Committee.
- The Kitchen committee remind us to bring in goodies for our monthly meeting.
- The House Committee sets up all the chairs and tables and then takes them all down again after every meeting. If you’d like to help, just show up early and say “How can I help?”
The Fort Lauderdale Orchid Society show every January is one of the largest in the country. We couldn’t do it without everyone’s help. Every fall we ask for volunteers for a wide variety of duties. Please help out! There is free parking, free admission, and a free orchid for all members who volunteer at the show.
Any other ideas?
If there is another way you would like to be involved, talk to any board member. We will direct you to the best person to work with to achieve your goals.