Welcome to the Fort Lauderdale Orchid Society!
UPCOMING SOCIETY EVENTS
- April 29 & 30: Museum of Science & Discovery—Amazon Adventure – contact Gigi to volunteer
- April 30: Keiki Club. Call Tony Millet at 954-531-2079 or Jill Smith at 954-462-0477
- May 8: George Hatfield, President of AOS, on cymbidiums
- May 13 & 14: Museum of Science & Discovery—Asian Pacific American Heritage
- May 19-21: Redland International Orchid Festival. FLOS will have a bus for Saturday, May 20 to Fruit & Spice Park – Contact Allen Cogar to reserve your seat: 954-553-1351 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- June 12, 2017: Raphael Romero, Plantio La Orquidea
- July 11: Melana Davison – The Four Horsemen: Mount your nobilor, schilleriana, walkeriana, and aclandiae
- August 10: Movie Night!
If you recently discovered the Fort Lauderdale Orchid Society, please come to a meeting as our guest and then consider joining. We are a fun group that enjoy:
- meeting to learn from a presentation, munch on snacks, look at members’ plants, and participate in a raffle
- checking out books from our library
- traveling together to visit orchid nurseries or other members’ homes on our famous rambles
- hosting our annual Fort Lauderdale Orchid Show
- learning how other members grow orchids at Keiki Club meetings
- reading our newsletter
You’ll find enjoyment and useful information whether you are brand new to growing orchids or have many years of experience. Come as a guest – no obligation – and see how you like it! The Internet is awash in data but there’s nothing like finding out what works and what doesn’t work from a neighbor or friend.
The FLOS Newsletters are all online! You can find the archived ones from 2008 on the Newsletter Archives page.
Opportunities To Get Involved
To get the most out of your membership, get involved! More involvement leads to a better society. You will learn more about orchids and have more fun too!
You can find out how to help with committees and special projects on our Opportunities Page.